Thursday, April 29, 2010

Market Update: Oops!

It is strong. Looks like we may have been a little premature on pulling off our trades. Not a big deal because we can get into them at only slightly higher prices if we choose. It is kinda of funny because I broke one of our rules- I watched the media (I couldn't help myself-I wanted to watch the Goldman Sachs deal). We were supposed to be in "Night Vison" mode (Night Vision is media blackout). Should have known better to sell based upon a S&P downgrade of Greece. They are almost always behind the curve and I usually buy when they downgrade. I guess we also wanted to lock in a good April performance after a poor March showing (not a bad strategy). We are not going to do anything the rest of the week. No use to put on trades going into Friday. Next week is SIRI earnings. We sold at 1.18 (.99 cost basis). Not sure we are going to play it again. There are just too many people crowding that trade right now and I don't like to play earnings. We missed our trade on NBG (National Bank of Greece. We had a 2.25 Buy Limit and it only got down to 2.56. We will not go back to PMTI (I was surprised at their low revenue number). Oh well...we are out for the market for the rest of the week. Check your emails for updates.