Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Why Number 17?

Dang, I had no idea how sensitive some people are about their NASCAR drivers! (Mega emails!)The reason I Choose 17 is this: Being a "Yankee" by location of birth, I went to my first NASCAR at Atlanta Motor Speedway a few years back because I was invited by some of my Georgia Brothers to a Dewalt Tools tent for the race. I had never went to a NASCAR race before. They treated us like Kings! Their driver was Matt kesneth. Open bar, Open food, and Open good time. Being a Minnesota boy, I knew nothing about racing. I bought a Rusty Wallace jersey because I liked his name since I was a kid and he seemed like if he played hockey, that was a cool name. Anyways....The Dewalt team treated us awesome and gave me a number 17 hat to go with my #2 jersey. Well #17 won! NASCAR was great and I will never forget.